Table of Contents:
- Best Upstate New York Wedding Venues
- Most Luxurious Airbnbs in Upstate New York
- Top Boutique Hotels in Upstate New York
- Upstate New York Wedding Photographer
I may be based in the PNW, but I love me a beautiful east coast wedding – specifically, I can never get enough of Upstate New York. Being that my wife is from that area, we love visiting the Catskills & surrounding regions, and can never get over how stunning the rolling hills + luscious forests are. Upstate NY truly has some of the most epic wedding venues on the entire east coast, so I wanted to put together this Upstate New York wedding planning guide – enjoy looking through 5 of the best Upstate New York wedding venues, as well as the best mountain-view Airbnbs + boutique hotels to stay in!
Best Upstate New York Wedding Venues
Upstate New York has absolutely no shortage of phenomenal wedding venues that truly encompass the beauty of the Catskills & the surrounding areas. Below are 5 of the best indoor & outdoor wedding venues in Upstate New York that I definitely recommend checking out on your venue hunt!
1. Foxfire Mountain House | Mt. Tremper, NY
Foxfire Mountain House is a stunning estate in the Catskills that blends all things country and modern, offering the perfect place to escape from life for a while & enjoy connection + community with your loved ones. You’ll enjoy a massive 10 acres of private land with a variety of charming spots, including a pond, a lily pool, a stone fireplace, and a rustic outdoor pavilion. A huge bonus of the Foxfire Mountain House is that you and your guests can stay on-site and enjoy the full, relaxing country estate experience!
Guest capacity: 125
- 11 guest rooms with handcrafted wooden beds
- 10 private acres
- Bonfire pits + rustic outdoor pavilion for evening gatherings
- All-inclusive wedding package that includes:
- Exclusive use of the property for a weekend
- On-site catering
- Overnight accommodations for 30 guests
- Planning + coordination
- Fresh flowers
- Welcome/rehearsal dinner for 30 guests
- Breakfast for 30 guests
2. Red Maple Vineyard | West Park, NY
Red Maple Vineyard is a dream come true for any couple wanting a magical, charming vineyard wedding in Upstate New York. The mountain views you get at this venue, along with the farm-to-table sourced food, seasonal produce, a beautiful reception pavilion, and in-house event planning + catering makes this such an incredible venue for couples looking to celebrate with their loved ones at a gorgeous vineyard overlooking the highly-desired views of Upstate NY!
- Beautiful, naturally-lit reception pavilion
- Wedding package includes:
- Catering + seasonal, customizable menus
- Bar + staffing
- Planning + coordination
- Seasonal produce + ingredients
- Fire pit for s’mores
3. Cedar Lakes Estate | Hudson Valley, NY
Cedar Lakes Estate is an absolutely incredible Upstate NY wedding venue, overlooking stunning green hills, breathtaking mountain views, and lush tree-lined lakes – everything that the area is renowned for. The natural beauty of the surrounding landscapes combined with the charm & rustic elegance of this venue will seriously leave you and your guests speechless! Plus, not only is there a stunning mountain top grass clearing where you can say your vows – you can also celebrate parts of your day in the open-air pavilion, the 5,000+ square foot barn, the Treehouse, or the spacious Chef’s Garden. You’ll have so many choices and ways to customize your wedding to be completely your own, and your guests will be thrilled to enjoy this breathtaking, secluded location with you!
- Secluded – no noise restrictions
- Exclusive use of the 500-acre property (including two lakes, heated pools, hiking & biking trails, bonfire pits, zipline, & basketball/tennis courts)
- Multiple ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, & afterparty sites to choose from
- Incredible mountain views
- A variety of both indoor & outdoor spaces to celebrate
- Tons of options for customization + to get creative
- On-site, farm-to-table catering + personalized menus
- Three tiers of accommodations for you & your guests to choose from
4. The Woodhouse Lodge | Greenville, NY
This hidden, adults-only retreat in the Catskills is SUCH a rad wedding venue for an intimate, Upstate NY mountain wedding. The Woodhouse Lodge provides an incredible escape from the real world, nestled in the Catskill mountains and filled with opportunities for outdoor adventure, relaxation, and community with your friends & family. Enjoy the on-site pizza restaurant & bar, super cozy accommodations for you and your guests, and even exclusive use of the entire property if you want to buy out the whole dang thing!
- Flexible, customizable property
- On-site lodging for 28 guests
- Weekend buyout packages for exclusive use of the property
- Rehearsal dinner packages
- On-site pizza restaurant & bar
- Quiet adults-only retreat
5. Onteora Mountain House | Boiceville, NY
Lastly, the Onteora Mountain House is – you guessed it – yet another stunning mountain view wedding venue in Upstate NY. You’ll say your vows on the deck overlooking the Esopus Valley, followed by cocktails & appetizers, and end the night with a celebration in the beautiful pavilion. The venue offers a special weekend wedding package, so you’ll get exclusive use of the house for an entire weekend, including breakfast for the two of you & a quiet retreat with nobody else around!
Cost: Site fee starting at $22,000
Guest capacity: 100 on Saturdays, 180 for other days
- On-site accommodations for up to 18 guests
- Exclusive use of the house with the wedding weekend package
- Rentals, open bar, & food are included in your package
Most Luxurious Airbnbs in Upstate New York
Upstate New York is most known for its spectacular scenery, huge variety of outdoor activities + opportunities to adventure (especially in the winter), and with that comes a ton of luxurious mountain Airbnbs that you can stay in for your Upstate NY wedding. Below are a few of the most cozy, beautiful cabins in the area that you can book for the two of you, or you & a few of your closest friends who are attending your big day. Whether you want a large house with a game room & 10+ acres of private land or a small home facing the mountains, with a rain shower & a soaking cedar hot tub, every one of these rad Airbnbs is truly the epitome of a cozy, luxurious cabin in the woods with the stunning views that Upstate NY is famous for.
The A–Frame at Evergreen Cabins | Remsen, NY
Situated right in the middle of the lush green forest, this A-frame cabin in the woods is about as cozy as it can get. You’ll enjoy modern, rustic decor in a super secluded location, right across from a lake to take a dip in if it’s warm out! You can even roll out the bed onto the deck if you want to sleep under the stars, or stargaze at night – how epic is that?
- Modern rustic decor
- In the middle of the woods; private, secluded
- Right across from a lake
- Rollout bed for stargazing from the deck at night
- Custom-made outdoor fire pit
The A-Frame at Harvest Moon Acres | Stamford, NY
You seriously can’t beat this uber cozy, modern A-frame in the fall, when the trees surrounding the already-beautiful cabin turn gorgeous shades of orange, red, & yellow. The mountain views combined with the modern amenities and close proximity to the small town of Hobart + numerous winter activities makes this cabin an easy choice – there’s a reason Stamford is nicknamed the “Queen of the Catskills!”
- 6 acres of private land
- Stunning mountain views
- Great stargazing at night
- Spacious front deck with grill
- Outdoor fire pit
- Beautiful modern decor + spiral staircase
Fox Ridge Chalet | Maragaretville, NY
If you’re looking for somewhere you can stay with a few of your closest friends & fam for your wedding, the Fox Ridge Chalet is an absolute stunner. With spectacular mountain views, enormous floor-to-ceiling windows that let in so much beautiful natural light, and tons of space to enjoy with your guests, you’ll never want to leave this cabin in the woods. Plus, it’s newly renovated, sits on 7 acres of private land, and even has a 7-person hot tub so you can all fit comfortably & enjoy the mountain views!
- Massive floor-to-ceiling windows
- Newly renovated
- 7 acres of private land
- Close proximity to restaurants & shops
- Stylish + modern decor
- Oversized game room with movie projector
- 7-person hot tub
The Hemlock Hideaway | Stephentown, NY
This little hideaway in the woods is super isolated and quiet, providing the perfect escape from the stress of daily life where you can simply lounge, relax, and enjoy each other’s company + all the feelings that surround your wedding day. Soak in the cedar hot tub on the deck, read a book by the fire, or cook a meal to enjoy in the cabin’s cozy breakfast nook. You’ll even have access to a small pond, as well as a private sandy beach area across from it.
- Cedar hot tub
- Close proximity to skiing, restaurants, & shopping
- Charming + rustic decor
- Wood-burning stove
- 14 acres of private land
- Private sandy beach access
The Pines | Maragaretville, NY
Now this Airbnb may be my favorite simply because of the decor + furnishings! The Pines cabin, nestled cozily in the Catskills, features some super unique decor that gives the entire place a really natural, organic, outdoorsy vibe. From the houseplants galore to the rock-wall-lined bathroom to the unique patterns + textures of the floors, every corner of this cozy Airbnb is meant to be explored and enjoyed!
- Nestled right in the Catskills
- Beautiful organic decor + furnishings
- Spacious soaking tub
- Open rain shower
- Cozy reading loft + hammock
- Large deck
- Close proximity to hiking trails, waterfalls, lakes, & skiing
Top Boutique Hotels in Upstate New York
Maybe you’d rather stay in a 5-star hotel where you can get complimentary meals, spa treatments, & room service – there are plenty of those to choose from, too! Here’s a list of some of the top boutique hotels in Upstate New York that you & your guests would totally enjoy staying at.
- Troutbeck Estate Hotel | Hudson Valley, NY
- Eastwind Hotels | Windham, NY & Lake Placid, NY
- The Roxbury | Roxbury, NY
- The Roundhouse | Beacon, NY
- Kenoza Hall | Kenoza Lake, NY
Upstate New York Wedding Photographer
Hopefully by now you have a solid idea of where you might want to get married in Upstate New York (I mean – can you believe how epic all of those Upstate NY wedding venues are?). If you’re ready to book an Upstate New York wedding photographer to document your incredible day in this stunning area, I’d be super stoked to chat! I visit the area quite often and love nothing more than photographing a beautiful wedding in the Catskills + surrounding areas, so be sure to take a look at what I offer here, and reach out to me here if you’re ready to discuss all things Upstate NY weddings. Can’t wait to hear from you!
Share this story